Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Constitution of the United States



There are a few documents I've been meaning to read and one of them is the Constitution of the Untied States. Recently I've met a preacher who likes to try and turn religion into the Constituion and yada yada yada. So today I've read all 7 pages I found on line.


There are a few interstesting points though and if you get time pull up an electronic copy via the web. One question and I think its grey is can the President declare War?


Under Article 1 (section 8) congress can do the below (I've only enclosed a few).


**To borrow Money on credit of the United States:

**To regulate Commerce with foreign nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes.

**To establish Post offices and pos Roads

**To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court:

****To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water.


Now when we get to Article II (section 2) read this.


The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Milita of the several States, when called in the the actual Sevice of the United States. But knowhere in the 7 pages does it say he can start a war. I'm just reading ver batum.


Has the power to make treaties...etc...etc....yada yada......but wait.....here is my point....


First off I've gone through all 7 pages...Where does it say He....The President can declare WAR? Someone let me know I"m only asking the question. Im not taking sides here I understand he is the Commander in Chief. But....


Whats my point? First off I'm only asking the question where does it show me in the Constitution as to weather or not he can declare War? Again only a question?????


Second of all......dont let the press on the next election railroad you into electing a President. Go out and do what I'm doing. Find the paperwork and read it and become informed. Read different sides of the same issue.


Be Informed.........And for God's sake dont watch CNN......Boycot that channel.



The Black Widow

1 comment:

  1. I respect your interests and I know it must be interesting. I write this for you...'In a shallow pond is your reflection and the ripples are a message as your reflection does change.' "The simple current of a stream gives itself to you, the breeze in your face from a bird over your shoulder, the sun gives you a break behind a cloud and the cloud speaks to you in thunder...to awaken you and visit...yourself again." "Those whom never know this can never know"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and I appreciate your comments.

The Black Widow