Saturday, July 31, 2010

Motley Crue (how music keeps you alive)


Recently I have been talking a lot about my past 4 years and how I have had a rough go of it. Also recently I have been trying to reconnect with many of my original friends. It just so happens that Friday I got a surprise visit from my best friend in the Universe. He had brought his little girl along and she's the same age as my twins. So we all had a nice visit and the kids played and we were able to talk about old times.
Many times in High School when together I listened to Motley Crue in the car and we talked about life and where we were going. He served in Iraq and many other Countries and now resides in Texas. One thing in life I always say is you cant take money with but you can take your memories. And that is what life is always about...."making memories"...
Throw out everything negative you know about Motley Crue and just think of them as a talented band. What is so inspirational about them and other bands is the ability to pull a lyric and or a note and combine it to give you something spiritual. And once this is done it also gives your mind an ability to flash back to early years and maybe make you feel a little younger. Maybe not just the Crue but maybe you like Mozart or Willie? Think about the talent it takes to make music. I am not worthy.....
Recently I've noticed that many movies are now playing a lot of songs from the 80's. When this happens it takes me back to moments in time that I have talked about before. Last night my friend wanted to see Hot Tub Time Machine. A funny movie but for my friend and I, the funniest part was in the end. The main character in the movie was on stage posing as Vince Neil. To us this was hillarious becauseVince Neil can sing and I'm sure this actor cannot. We laughed our asses off and I was so happy to be spending time with my old friend......
The point of the story is not everyone loves Motley Crue or Hot Tub Time Machine. But there are very few moments in life when you can share a laugh with friends and make memories. And there are even fewer moments when you can share times with your best friends. My friend and I we have not laughed out loud together in over 25 years. Go out today and talk to some of your old friends....Call them on the phone or send them a letter. You will never have friends like you had in High School. Not all of us can be talented and play for Motley Crue. But we can all have friends and make great memories...I have been blessed in the last month to have seen many of my old friends.
Take a moment today and put a smile on your face...Call and old buddy.
The Black Widow....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and I appreciate your comments.

The Black Widow